(Last updated on 12 Jun 2017)
*100% organic! Retail: S$24.90, Product Launch Price S$15.00, save S$9.90 plus FREE local postage (no tracking number), 3-5 days to reach. Get 2 or more bottles to qualify for Singpost Smartpac Express Shipping with tracking number! Click on BUY NOW button below to order online!
Current Stock Status: LIMITED STOCK! NEW LABEL!
100% ORGANIC KAFFIR LIME SHAMPOO, 375ml
– Made from a single ingredient only – whole kaffir limes
– Kaffer limes are grown in an organic and natural state
– Chemical free
– Cleans hair & scalp thoroughly
– Restores hair’s natural abundance
– Prevents hair loss & greying
– For all hair types
– Pet-friendly, anti-lice, anti-bacteria
Expiry date for this batch: 15 FEB 2018
The Only Single-Ingredient Shampoo in Singapore! Traditional haircare product of Thailand!
100% ORGANIC KAFFIR LIME SHAMPOO, 375ml
Syampu Limau Purut
– Made from whole kaffir limes only
– Multi-purpose usage other than shampoo
Our Kaffir Lime Shampoo is legally registered with Health Science Authority of Singapore (HSA) to safeguard consumer’s safety and to offer you peace of mind. We also have a local Customer Hotline for you to call should you require any advice on usage.
This is NOT a miracle shampoo but it is premium quality organic shampoo to those who know how to use it properly! Use daily for best results.
“I was so surprised and shocked when I looked at the mirror in the gym today! My hair used to be very messy, especially in the morning. Since using the Kaffir Lime Shampoo, my hair has become highly manageable and has a natural clean look, even though I do not use a comb at all. I also do not need to use any hair gel. Hope the picture is clear enough! 🙂 “
– Mr. Sim, Bedok
“Very difficult to find such a pure product in my city Kuala Lumpur or Malaysia.
I was delighted to get it from Singapore! ”
– 黄女士， 义顺
“Limau Purut baik untuk rambut! Jika anda ingin rambut anda bersih, cubalah mengambil buah limau purut. Insyallah, jika diamalkan, rambut menjadi sihat, berkilat, dan bersih tanpa kelumumur. “
Available for self-collection with cash payment at Bedok Mall/Bedok MRT Station.
For orders by phone, call HERB SINGAPORE at 6389-3188 (12pm-10pm).
SGD$42.00 for 2 bottles (minimum) , includes FedEx courier fee to any city in Malaysia. Payment is to be made to our PayPal SGD or Malaysia Maybank account. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org for your desired order quantity.
For delivery to other countries, please email details to email@example.com .
Are you looking for a high quality shampoo made from organic ingredients with no potentially harmful chemicals? Do you suspect the shampoo you use might be the cause of your problematic scalp? Or are you searching for an effective way to combat hair loss?
Kaffir Lime Shampoo might be the answer to your hair problems! For centuries, people in Thailand have used fresh organic kaffir lime shampoo to clean their hair and condition the scalp, without help from any other ingredients. And their shining hair have been renowned all over the world.
Whole Kaffir Lime (Citrus Hystrix, Bahasa Melayu: Limau Purut) in the form of this shampoo is created using traditional folk method. It is good news for people who prefer to have nothing to do with complicated, possibly unsafe ingredients in most shampoos, organic or conventional. Suitable for all hair types.
Kaffir lime juice (similar in properties to bergamot citrus) and kafir lime peels have been known to help prevent or reverse thinning hair, graying hair and a host of other hair/scalp problems. The moonface peels of kaffir limes are very aromatic and therapeutic and contain antioxidants which act as a 100% natural preservative, avoiding the need for chemical preservatives in our shampoo.
Our Kaffir Lime Shampoo, Non-Foaming, is made from whole limes grown in an organic farm in Thailand. No other ingredients are added! As such, there is no foaming action typical of a commercial shampoo, which uses undesirable chemicals such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate to produce foam and bubbles. However the cleansing and treatment offered by this shampoo is definitely present! It is a myth to think that your hair can only be cleansed properly when you see foams.
Kaffir Lime Shampoo, Non-Foaming, 375ml, Launch Price @$15.00 (Normal @$24.90)
Our Kaffir Lime Shampoo is best used immediately upon purchase to ensure users get to benefit from the fresh contents. It should be stored in a cool place with no direct sunlight. There is no need to get a shampoo which is “strong” enough to last for 3 years but laden with potentially harmful preservatives and chemicals! Your hair deserves the freshest ingredients, fully packed with nutrition from Mother Nature! Enjoy wholesome fruits in liquid form – 100%! Excellent plant-based shampoo for vegans/vegetarians!
“Back to Nature, Embrace Tradition”
Handmade using proprietary methods by diligent farmers who have your interest in mind, affordable to the general public. Thank you for supporting small-scale organic farmers so they can continue to produce more excellent natural products!
Sequence: Wet your hair, shake the bottle, cup your palm, pour a puddle, apply on hair/scalp, repeat pouring till all areas are applied, massage your scalp (no scratching with nails!), leave hair alone for 5-15 minutes while you shower, rinse hair thoroughly.
Ingredients: Whole Kaffir Limes 100%
Makes hair squeaky clean and revitalizes the scalp!
Results should be obvious after 1 week of daily use and may vary for individuals. In general, there is no need to use a hair conditioner. However Kaffir Lime Shampoo may be left on hair under a towel for an additional 30-45 minutes for deep conditioning of hair if required.
One bottle of our Kaffir Lime Shampoo lasts 1-2 months depending on volume of hair. Limited stock in Singapore.
Some users may experience a Transition Period in which the hair needs some time to adapt to the new treatment given by the Kaffir Lime Shampoo. The hair may feel oily or dryer than usual after a few days. This is normal. Such a Transition Period usually lasts 2 weeks, after which the hair will revert to good health with a natural pH balance of 4.5-5.5. We strongly suggest such users to persist in using the shampoo continuously and faithfully till the bottle of shampoo is finished, so as to check out the eventual result.
Some users who are in this Transition Period may want to get a natural conditioner such as our Organic Jojoba Oil to condition the hair if dryness persists. Or if your hair still feels oily, we strongly recommend our Boar Bristle Brush to spread the hair oil or sebum evenly to the entire hair strands to solve the problem.
Call us at 6389-3188 if you have any issues and we will be glad to offer solutions.
Tips for people with long hair:
Tips for people with short hair:
Style your hair to the desired pattern while the hair is still wet after rinsing with the shampoo. When the hair is dry, you will not have to comb it or apply any hair gel!
Other uses of 100% pure Kaffir Lime Shampoo:
1) Kaffir limes are often used for their insect repellant properties. The citronellol and limonene found in kaffir limes are very unappealing to most insects, and thus when you apply and spread this shampoo on your skin, you can significantly decrease your chances of being bitten by bugs, whether they may infect you or not.
2) Apply under the armpit for all-day freshness without any chemicals
3) Can be used to treat skin areas affected with psoriasis, eczema, or ringworm by applying directly on affected areas for 5-15 minutes before rinsing off. The gentle acidity of the shampoo is anti-fungal and anti-bacteria.
4) Pour into a small cup or plate and place at one corner of a room to act as a natural deodorizer. You can also pour some into a sponge and place inside your car.
5) Can be used as a natural bleach to remove tough stains, preferably mixed with a mild natural detergent.
6) For a full-body cleanse to ward off bad luck and revitalize the soul (only if you believe in these type of stuff), apply the shampoo thinly and evenly on every part of the body, remain quiet and be at peace with yourself and be immersed in the fragrant citrus scent. When you are satisfied, wash off with clean water and exit the bathroom with a happy face and a big smile!
7) For people who practice Fengshui, mix a portion of the shampoo with a pail of clean water and use the mixture to clean all the Chi or Qi entry points in your compound, including doors and windows.
8) May be mixed with water for bathing rituals by practitioners of the Malay martial arts Silat.
9) For cleaning of the Keris and other iron or metal-based utensils. Besides being a good cleanser of rust, the Kaffir Lime Shampoo is also a good anti-rust agent. The juice can be applied evenly on the surface and rinsed with plain water a few minutes later.
Q: Are there really no other ingredients in the Kaffir Lime Shampoo (Non-Foaming)?
A: 100% true! This product is only made from organic whole kaffir limes using proprietary methods by our farmer friends in Thailand. Their aim is to offer a time-tested and effective recipe to benefit consumers of all hair types and ages. The essential oils found in the peels act as a natural preservative, thus allowing this shampoo to be chemical-free!
Q: Why is a single ingredient, whole kaffir lime, so powerful to be used as an all-round shampoo cum conditioner?
A: Kaffir lime peel (the skin) contains essential oils, mainly composed of citronella (25%). It also has resorcinol, which is anti-dandruff in nature. Kaffir lime juice is slightly acidic due to presence of citric acid, which is beneficial for the skin. Our traditional kaffir lime shampoo helps to maintain the natural acidity of scalp, improves hair darkness, reduces hair loss and promotes shiny hair. Last but not least, kaffir lime shampoo can be applied directly to problematic skin areas as it contains effective anti-fungal capability. It is excellent for skin regeneration. Just do not apply to the face due to difference in acidity levels.
Q: I do not believe in the idea that just natural ingredients like juice or peels can help to make my hair better. If that is the case, all the big shampoo companies would have gone out of business!
A: We appreciate your sincere opinion. What we are marketing here is not just natural and organic shampoo, but a way for modern people to go back to their roots and treasure ancient wisdom and knowledge. You may want to ponder over this: What did people use as shampoo before the start of the Industrial Revolution in which man-made chemicals started to appear in the ingredient list?
Q: Why is there no organic certification since it claims to be an organic product?
A: Our farmer friends are sincere and uncomplicated folks who operate small-scale organic farms. Organic certification in Thailand can be a cumbersome and very expensive process. It is probably only attractive to big companies aiming to achieve better sales figures every year. However they truly believe in the benefits of organic, sustainable farming methods which can protect and even improve soil conditions of their farms while producing healthy produce to consumers. They eat and use whatever they plant, unlike their counterparts, the commercial farmers who do not dare to eat and use what they plant!
Q: I no longer find my scalp oily but my hair now becomes super oily… what to do? Should I stop using?
A: The oily appearance is due to the essential oils from the shampoo, which is a good oil. We believe there can be more than one reason why it is super oily for you. Lifestyle, diet, lack of sleep, physiological changes, frequency of use, etc. might have caused your hair to respond in such a way. Also some clients may use a mix between mild normal shampoo and Kaffir Lime Shampoo or use them on alternative days. So it might be due to incompatibility issues. We suggest you adhere to using the Kaffir Lime Shampoo only, but reduce the amount by half for the next 7 or 14 days. Check if your hair is still oily. It is usually a transition period in which the hair/scalp is trying to adapt.
Q: Hi, just want to check if this is suitable for oily hair and scalp as every time at the end of a work day, my scalp tends to become oily.
A: The shampoo is made of kaffir lime, so it will contain natural essential oils. Oily hair is usually caused by the over-production of oil due to a dry scalp. The kaffir lime in this shampoo will help restore normal oil production in the scalp. During the initial stage of use, you may feel slightly oily hair and scalp, but once the oil balance is restored, you will notice the difference. It may take some time though. Results vary for individuals.
Q: I always have problematic hair. It’s been itchy and oily for years with no solution available. Will this kaffir lime shampoo help?
A: We cannot claim the shampoo will definitely help your situation because there can be a number of reasons why your hair behaves like this. For example, if it is a hygiene issue, you might have to clean your comb, pillow case, bed or room regularly. It might have nothing to do with the shampoo you use. However most people find that it helps them with their various hair conditions. The shampoo is made of 100% organic and natural ingredients so it can be very mild and will take some time to get used to it. We suggest you give this Kaffir Lime Shampoo a chance to restore your hair to health by finishing the entire bottle faithfully. Take it as a first cycle of treatment and see how it goes.
Q: How is your organic Kaffir Lime Shampoo different compared to other shampoos which also have organic ingredients?
A: Most shampoos which claim to contain organic ingredient(s) often use marketing gimmick to mislead customers. Unfortunately this is a good way when it comes to increasing sales figures. It is not surprising to find that the organic ingredient is located near the end of the ingredient list, which means it is only present in a very small proportion and yet it is used to promote the shampoo! Worse still, it might just be an extract, meaning the ingredient has been diluted with alcohol, which is commonly used as a cheap solvent. The extract may contain much lesser active content compared to the whole organic ingredient, but only the manufacturer knows.
As for our Kaffir Lime Shampoo, we use the WHOLE fruit for production, not extracts. Thus we guarantee customers get the maximum active ingredients available. This is similar to fruit juices you find in a supermarket – fresh juices are always better and more expensive than juice concentrates.
Q: Why is your shampoo so much cheaper than other organic shampoos in Singapore?
A: Yes, this is great news to consumers, isn’t it? Firstly, most consumer goods are overpriced in Singapore due to high rentals and middleman fees. We even know of a Korean organic shampoo that retails at S$59.00 but when you look at its ingredient list, the majority of ingredients are all chemicals such as sulfates! That shampoo is not that special seriously. Probably consumers are also paying for the beautiful ambience of the stores. By eliminating these overheads, we are able to offer our Kaffir Lime Shampoo at a reasonably affordable price to consumers. Secondly, we share the same philosophy as our partner farm in Thailand – quality organic products need not be expensive.
Q: Do you have a shop for me to walk-in to get the shampoo? I prefer this method as I can see and feel the product before purchase.
A: Thanks for your feedback. Currently we have no shopfront but we do have a warehouse in Singapore and offer affordable next-day home delivery (except on Sundays & Public Holidays) at S$6.00 regardless of order amount or FREE delivery by post. Customers can also opt to self-collect with COD payment at Bedok Mall or Bedok MRT Station. However most of our customers opt for FREE postage delivery which usually takes 2-5 days to reach them by mail. It is a very safe method. Anyway, we are responsible in ensuring the goods are delivered successfully, so you have nothing to worry about.
Q: Why is it better to opt for shampoo with organic ingredients?
A: Organic ingredients come with plentiful benefits to the consumer. It is possible that the nutritional content can be somewhere between 4x to 10x more than its non-organic counterparts. This means more effective and powerful results. Of course we try not to emphasize on the negative aspect of non-organic ingredients, which usually involves potentially dangerous levels of pesticides, chemicals, genetically-modified organisms (GMOs), growth hormones, etc. that may affect the good health of the end user in the long term.
(Obtained from various sources available on the Internet)
Why chemicals might cause more harm than benefits to your hair/scalp?
Did you know when you put shampoo or conditioner onto your scalp, 20 blood vessels, 650 sweat glands, and 1,000 nerve endings will be exposed to any toxins? The truth is, while you wouldn’t ever eat your shampoo, you may actually absorb fewer toxins when you eat something than you do when you apply it to your skin! t takes just a minute or two to give your hair a thorough washing, but when you multiply that by every day, or at least a few times a week, for a lifetime, it adds up to many minutes — and loads of exposure to the chemicals in your shampoo
According to evidence presented at 1978 Congressional hearings, the absorption of the carcinogen nitrosodiethanolamine (NDELA), which is commonly found in shampoo products, was shown to be more than 100 times greater when exposure came through your skin than via your mouth.
And what about your typical shampoo… YES! THEY CAN CAUSE CANCER.
Here are some commons toxins found in your typical shampoos.
- Research studies on SLS have shown links to:
- Irritation of the skin and eyes
- Organ toxicity
- Developmental/reproductive toxicity
- Neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, ecotoxicology, and biochemical or cellular changes
- Possible mutations and cancer
- Dioxane 1,4 dioxane, a byproduct of ethylene oxide, received a “high hazard” rating from EWG’s Skin Deep, and it is commonly found in shampoo and other personal care products. Even baby shampoo often contains this cancer-causing toxin. On the CDC site, 1,4 dioxane is described as “probably carcinogenic to humans,” toxic to the brain and central nervous system, kidneys and liver. It is also a leading groundwater contaminant.
- Diethanolamine or DEA In a recent FDA report, approximately 42% of all cosmetics were contaminated with NDEA, with shampoos having the highest concentrations. DEA also readily reacts with nitrite preservatives and contaminants to create nitrosodiethanolamine (NDEA), a known and potent carcinogen.
- Propylene Glycol This active ingredient is found in engine coolants and antifreeze, airplane de-icers, tire sealants, rubber cleaners, polyurethane cushions, paints, adhesives, enamels and varnishes, and in many products as a solvent or surfactant. And guess what? Despite the fact the material safety data sheet warns users to avoid skin contact with propylene glycol as it is a strong skin irritant and can also cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage, it’s more than likely in your shampoo.
- Parabens Parabens, which are used as preservatives, may be listed on the label as methyl paraben, ethyl paraben, propyl paraben, butyl paraben, isobutyl paraben or E216. They have shown particularly troubling links to cancer.Studies have shown that parabens can affect your body much like estrogens, which can lead to diminished muscle mass, extra fat storage, and male gynecomastia (breast growth). Other studies have also linked parabens to breast cancer, as researchers found traces of parabens in every sample of tissue taken from 20 different breast tumors. The EPA has linked methyl parabens in particular to metabolic, developmental, hormonal, and neurological disorders, as well as various cancers.
While many are still not used to applying non-foaming shampoo for fear of greasy hair, paradoxically it’s greasy hair that could benefit the most from giving up shampoo. The theory behind the ‘no-poo’ method is that shampoo strips the hair of its natural oils, which prompts the scalp to generate more oils to replace them. This results in oil overload – greasy hair – which we then attempt to ‘fix’ with more shampoo. It’s a vicious circle and quite a brilliant coup for the shampoo industry, because the more shampoo you use, the more you need to use and the more frequently you need to use it.
Left to its own devices or washed with natural substitutes, the scalp eventually theoretically returns to its natural balance, producing enough oil to keep hair soft and smooth without the associated grease-slick. The oils produced by the scalp – notably sebum – keep the shaft of the hair clean, smooth and protected, performing the role of ‘shampoo and conditioner’ far more effectively than the manufactured alternatives. The upshot should be healthier hair that is stronger, thicker and fuller as it is less damaged than shampooed hair.
But until this happy state is reached, there is what Aitken Read calls the “Tricky Transition Period” in which the scalp continues to over-produce oils. This doesn’t sound great. Without shampoo to strip them away, there is a risk of greasy hair for a few weeks. But the scalp will then regenerate healthy hair to reward the persistent users.